ThoughtWorks is a community of passionate people with the goal to revolutionize the design and creation of software, while defending a positive social change. We works with these people and organizations that have ambitions missions — either in private or public sector and we believe people are the key to our business success. Be a ThoughtWorker means have passion, creativity, values and skills to solve problems inside our non-hierarchical and agile culture.
We build software and introduce organisational change that delights our clients. Once you join, you'll play a varied role in a really fast growing, non-hierarchical consultancy. This is the place to be if you want to apply your knowledge of testing in a variety of client environments while constantly using the latest methodologies and technologies. You'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by bringing quality assurance to the forefront of clients' minds. As well as ensuring the bug-free delivery of bespoke built software, you will also be working with clients to advise them on improving their test processes and teaching them about the very latest from the QA world.
Our test processes are very different to many organizations. Testers are involved from the initial requirements gathering through implementation to deployment. One of the team is always around to ask the awkward questions and try the scenarios that analysts or developers are unlikely to dream up. They are involved when analysts are capturing requirements in the form of user stories.
We’ll expect you to bring the following:
- A hands-on tester who is comfortable across a whole range of functional and cross-functional testing;
- Demonstrate experience with exploratory testing, not just working to test plans;
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking when developing tests;
- Experience testing multi-tier web-based applications;
- Understanding of full life cycle development right from the requirements gathering to delivery;
- Ability to triage failures, identify root-cause, and define corrective actions;
- Awareness of test automation and ability to spot points of value in the process;
- Feel comfortable working closely with developers, business and other quality analysts and clients in a highly collaborative environment;
- A knowledge of testing within an Agile development environment.
Will be extremely valuable if you also bring:
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks;
- Experience maintaining and evolving legacy test environment using Continuous Integration practices;
- Notions of configuration management, like SVN and GIT;
- Familiarity with automated deployment processes;
- Experience in an Agile environment and ability to encourage organizations to work in a more agile fashion;
- Ability to influence your team and your client. You will inspire them;
- Understanding of OO design. A background in software development would be interesting.
Interested? Apply online now.